The program is in six stages, inclusive of three examinations.
The Postgraduate training program is intended to produce a Specialist Anaesthetist capable of fulfilling the following roles:
- Achieve mastery in Anaesthesiology, Critical care and Pain management.
- Leader & manager
- Health advocate
- Professional, integrity, honesty, accountability.
Candidates should possess
- A Medical degree registered * with the Sri Lanka Medical Council
- satisfactory completion of internship acceptable to the Sri Lanka Medical Council.
- satisfactory completion of one year of post internship in medical practice in a University/Public Sector/Private Sector Institution in Sri Lanka acceptable to the PGIM as at the date of closure of applications.
- should have six months experience (full time) in Anaesthesia prior to sitting the examination. The training should be certified by the supervising consultant. A four-week deficit in the 6 months requirement may be accepted by the Board, if it is due to administrative reasons, provided that not more than 10 days’ leave has been taken during the training period.
- should have a certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- should have fulfilled the requirements in appendix
(A quota for the Private Sector is presently available.)
Please refer to the relevant prospectus for the most up to date information. The prospectus of a particular programme contains official information pertaining to a programme approved by the Board of Management, University Senate and the University Grants Commission