Following obtainment of the degree of MD, trainees are required to undergo further training as stipulated in the relevant prospectus and the general regulations and guidelines to be eligible for Board certification in the chosen specialty.
PGIM trainees become eligible for Board Certification on satisfactory completion of the following:
- Completion of the prescribed local and overseas components of Senior Registrar training.
- Satisfactory completion of all other requirements stipulated in the prospectus and applicable general regulations and guidelines.
- Pass the Pre-Board Certification Assessment( Please refer guidelines)
- Return to Sri Lanka and assumption of duties in the Ministry of Health/University/Public Sector Institution/Private Employer.
- Please refer the General Regulations & Guidelines and Prospectus for further information