The IT Unit is providing vital infrastructure support to the PGIM by provisioning Internet services and other ICT infrastructure. It is maintaining and administering the servers which hosts web application and specialized hardware to provide critical services such as LMS, DNS and Firewall Services to the Institute. PGIM is now connected through 100Mbps dedicated connectivity to Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN).
- Provision of Internet Services and E-mail Services
- Maintenance of PGIM website and Online Payment System
- Necessary S/W Development for Academic and Administrative purpose
- Providing Office 365 Licenses for Trainees & Trainers (Please click on tab below for further details)
- Collection and maintenance of Students Information System and PGIM Statistics
- Monitoring Network Security and ISP Connectivity
- Maintenance of PGIM’s fibre backbone Network
- Maintenance of LMS, DNS and Proxy Servers etc.
- LAN and Wi-Fi Network Service (PGIMNET)
- Providing Computer Laboratory Facilities
- Troubleshooting and repairing of ICT Equipment
- Installation of Software and Security Software
- IT Specifications and Technical Evaluations
- Conducts a Course in Computer Applications (CCA) (click on link below for further details)
- Video Conference Systems