Orthodontics is a clinical specialty comprising of the knowledge and skills required for the management of malocclusions and associated facial deformities.
The Specialist holding MD Orthodontics shall be able to:
- Be competent in the diagnosis and management of diseases relevant to the field of Orthodontics
- Participate in the multidisciplinary team management of patients with oro-facial deformities
- Have a broad knowledge of the orthodontic literature
- Possess applied research skills and contribute to scientific literature
To be eligible to sit for the Selection Examination and to be selected for admission, a candidate shall fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold a dental degree and registered with the Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC), to practice as a Dental Surgeon.
- Completion of at least 1 year in general dental practice in the government, university, armed forces or private sector at the time of closure of applications for the selection examination
Please refer to the relevant prospectus for the most up to date information. The prospectus of a particular programme contains official information pertaining to a programme approved by the Board of Management, University Senate and the University Grants Commission