This Training Program was established at the inception of the PGIM to train ENT specialists for the country.
The competencies expected of a Board-Certified Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology are as follows:
- Perform complete clinical evaluation of patients with Ear Nose & Throat (ENT) disorders in order to arrive at the diagnosis.
- Decide on appropriate investigations & to interpret the results.
- Plan & institute proper management including surgical procedures.
- Handle ENT Emergencies competently.
- Function as a team leader and a useful member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Apply the principles of clinical governance including reflective practice and maintain such standards.
- Conduct original research which will benefit the specialty.
- Teach the specialty of Otorhinolaryngology.
(a) A medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) registered with the Sri Lanka Medical Council
(b) Satisfactory completion of internship acceptable to the Sri Lanka Medical Council
(c) Satisfactory completion of one year of post internship in Medical/ Clinical practice in a University /public/ private sector institution in Sri Lanka acceptable to the PGIM.
(d) The criteria prescribed in paragraphs (a) to (c) must have been satisfied by the applicants as at the date of closure of applications
Where a short-fall has occurred due to any reason including sick, maternity or other leave, the doctor concerned should complete such shortfall in order to become eligible to apply for the Selection Examination.
- Foreign nationals who seek to apply to register for selection examination should possess a medical degree registrable with the Sri Lanka Medical Council. The decision of the Board of Management will be final in all such applications.
- Candidates who possess CCST/CST/Equivalent may be admitted to a suitable point in the pre-MD program. However, they will have to sit for the MD examination and complete post MD training to be eligible for board certification. The Board of Study shall scrutinize such applications and make recommendations to the Board of Management for the final approval.
Please refer to the relevant prospectus for the most up to date information. The prospectus of a particular programme contains official information pertaining to a programme approved by the Board of Management, University Senate and the University Grants Commission